4 ounces goat cheese
1 teaspoon water
1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
6 cups mixed greens
1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
1/2 cup pomegranate arils
Juice of 1 lemon
Extra-virgin olive oil
1 egg white
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups pecan halves
1. Cut goat cheese into 4 equal pieces and flatten each piece into a 1/4-inch thick round.
2. Beat egg and water in a small mixing bowl until well combined.
3. Place breadcrumbs in another shallow bowl.
4. Dip cheese rounds into egg mixture, then dip in breadcrumbs until coated on all sides. Place coated rounds on a plate and freeze for 10 minutes.
5. Air fry the goat cheese rounds at 370ºF for 10 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
6. To make the candied pecans, combine the egg white, sugar and salt. Add pecans and toss to coat well. Spread pecans in an even layer in your air frying basket. Air fry at 300ºF for 15 minutes, tossing once halfway through. Remove pecans from the air fryer and spread them on parchment paper to cool.
7. Meanwhile, pile the greens in four shallow bowls and top each bowl with sliced fennel, pomegranate arils and candied pecans. Squeeze the lemon over the salads and drizzle with olive oil. Top with the warm goat cheese rounds and serve.