Air Fried Mac And Cheese Balls
Cheesy goodness in every bite. Snack on these crispy mac and cheese balls this National Mac and Cheese Day!
1 box (6 cups) prepared macaroni and cheese
1 cup flour
2 tbsp heavy cream
2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
1. Allow your prepared macaroni and cheese to cool and firm up in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
2. Grab three baking pans, deep plates, or medium-sized bowls. Place the flour in one pan, the eggs and cream in a second, and the breadcrumbs in a third. Beat the eggs and cream together.
3. Using a cookie or small ice cream scoop, form 1 ½ inch balls out of your cooled macaroni and cheese, enough for about 25 balls.
4. Working one at a time, place your macaroni and cheese balls in the flour, making sure to cover well. Next, place in the beaten egg mixture. Finally, place in the panko, pressing to even out the coating.
5. Once you have created enough mac and cheese balls to fill your Kalorik 3.2 Quart Touchscreen Air Fryer basket without them touching, place in the basket and Air Fry at 370°F for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the rest of your macaroni. Serve immediately for the crunchiest and most satisfying results.
20 minutes, plus 2 ½ hours prep and cooling
Chef’s tip: Add dried herbs, onion powder, or any seasoning you’d like to the Panko breadcrumbs for some extra flavor, or exchange the breadcrumbs for chips to mix it up!
Leave a comment