For back-to-school turkey sandwiches, a scrumptious weeknight meal or upcoming family feasts, air frying a turkey breast results in crispy, golden skin and tender, juicy meat. A buttermilk brine will add tenderness and fresh herbs impart rich, delicious flavor. Be sure to buy a turkey breast that fits in your air fryer and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
2-pound bone-in, skin-on turkey breast
2 cups buttermilk
2 teaspoons freshly minced rosemary
1 teaspoon freshly minced sage
1 teaspoon freshly minced parsley
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Salt & freshly ground pepper
1. Place the turkey breast in a large resealable plastic bag and pour in the buttermilk. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon ground pepper and seal the bag. Shake to coat well, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
2. Remove the turkey breast from the buttermilk and pat dry using paper towels.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine the rosemary, sage, parsley, garlic and olive oil. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of ground pepper and mix to combine.
4. Rub the herb mixture onto the top of the turkey breast and place it in the air fryer basket.
5. Air fry at 330ºF for 25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. The internal temperature of the turkey breast should reach 165ºF when fully cooked.
6. Transfer the turkey breast to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.