The perfect crispy crunch that mimics frying, this recipe cuts the fat but not the flavor. Jarred marinara sauce makes it weeknight friendly and if you love Eggplant Parmesan like I do, it definitely satisfies the craving!
1 large eggplant, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
1/2 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 large eggs
1 cup marinara sauce
1 large ball fresh mozzarella cheese
Freshly chopped basil
Salt & freshly ground pepper
1. Slice the eggplant into 1/2-inch slices.
2. In a shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and season the mixture with salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water.
3. Dip each eggplant slice in the egg mixture to coat well, then place the eggplant in the breadcrumb mixture and coat well, pressing the breading onto the eggplant. Shake off any excess and repeat with the remaining eggplant slices. Refrigerate the breaded eggplant for 10 minutes, to help the breading adhere.
4. Spray the basket of your Kalorik Air Fryer with olive oil cooking spray. Place the breaded eggplant slices in a single layer in your air fryer basket and spray the top of each slice liberally with olive oil cooking spray. Air fry at 360ºF for 10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
5. Carefully remove the air fryer basket from the air fryer and top each crispy eggplant slice with 2 spoonfuls of marinara sauce and 2 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese. Air fry at 360ºF for 2 minutes more or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Repeat using the remaining ingredients.