8 large eggs
1 tablespoon whole milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Salt & freshly ground pepper
One 4-ounce can fire-roasted diced green chilies
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Eight 8-inch corn tortillas
2 cups prepared red enchilada sauce
3 sweet Italian sausages, cooked and crumbled
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
Sour cream, for serving
1. Select the BAKE function and preheat MAXX to 350°F for 5 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cumin, chili powder, and green chilies. Season mixture with salt & pepper, to taste.
3. Melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until just set.
4. To assemble the enchiladas, pour 1/2 of the enchilada sauce onto the bottom of an 8-inch baking dish or casserole.
5. Place one warm tortilla on your work surface and fill it with 2 tablespoons of the scrambled eggs, 1 tablespoon of the crumbled sausage, and 2 tablespoons of the shredded Mexican cheese blend. Roll the tortilla up tightly and place it in the baking dish, seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas to fill the baking dish.
6. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the enchiladas and top with the remaining cheese.
7. Bake until the cheese is golden and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
8. Top with a dollop of sour cream and serve.
4 to 6 servings
Chef’s Tip: Prepare the enchiladas a day ahead, without baking them, and refrigerate overnight. Remove and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.