Perfectly crispy edges, a doughy delicious interior, and fresh, fabulous flavor come together in this pan pizza, straight out of your Maxx Air Fryer Oven.
1 1/3 cups warm water
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/4-ounce packet active-dry yeast
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for stretching
Caprese Pan Pizza
Extra-virgin olive oil
8-ounces fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese
2 small ripe tomatoes
Parmesan cheese, grated
Fresh basil leaves
Salt & freshly ground pepper
1. Combine the water and sugar in a bowl and stir to dissolve. Sprinkle dry yeast over the top, stir and let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Add olive oil and salt and stir to combine. Add flour and stir with a wooden spoon until the dough comes together.
3. Transfer dough ball onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes, adding additional flour, one tablespoon at a time if the dough is too sticky.
4. When the dough is smooth and slowly springs back when poked, place dough in a lightly greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise at room temperature for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
5. To bake the pizza, preheat your air fryer oven to 400ºF. Divide dough in half and stretch one half, using your hands, until it is about 10-inches in diameter.
6. Lightly oil the baking tray from your Air Fryer Oven and press the stretched pizza dough directly onto the tray.
7. Brush dough with olive oil and top with slices of fresh mozzarella cheese and sliced tomato. Season with salt & freshly ground pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
8. Bake pizza on the highest rack for 25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
9. Transfer pizza to a cutting board, cut into squares, garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.
Chef’s Tip: Make your own pizza dough or buy store-bought dough, for pizza in a jiffy!