1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 14oz bag of sweetened flaked coconut
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
8 ounces ricotta
6 ounces chocolate chips (milk chocolate or semi-sweet)
Ice Cream Scoop
Small microwave safe bowl
1. Preheat the oven 325F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl combine coconut flakes, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
3. Mix until thoroughly combined.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop and press the scoop against the side of the bowl to firmly pack. Place 2 inches apart on the parchment lined baking tray
5. Bake macaroons for 18 to 20 minutes, rotating after 12 minutes. When macaroons are lightly golden they are done.
6. Remove macaroons from the oven and allow to cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
7. Once the macaroons are completely cool, pour chocolate chips in to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, stir the chocolate and return to the microwave 15 seconds at a time until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
8. One at a time, carefully dip each macaroon bottom first into the chocolate, twisting to ensure the bottom is fully covered. Place on a clean sheet of parchment paper and allow to cool. Repeat with remaining macaroons.
9. Pour left over chocolate into a small plastic bag, cut a small corner off and drizzle the remaining chocolate evenly across all the macaroons.
10. Once the chocolate has hardened, they are ready to eat!
If your chocolate gets too thick while dipping, return it to the microwave 15 seconds at a time until it is fully melted again.