1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper
2 cups marinated artichoke hearts, drained well
Olive oil cooking spray
Freshly chopped parsley or basil
Salt & freshly ground pepper
1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour and baking powder and whisk to combine.
2. In a separate bowl, beat egg with 1 teaspoon of water.
3. In a third mixing bowl, combine panko, Italian breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and salt &pepper and mix well.
4. Working in batches, dredge three artichoke hearts at a time in the flour mixture and shake off any excess.
5. Place directly into the egg mixture and toss to coat well.
6. Drop artichoke hearts into the breadcrumbs to coat all over.
7. Transfer breaded artichoke hearts to a plate and repeat using the remaining ingredients.
8. Liberally spray the breaded artichoke hearts with nonstick cooking spray. Place breaded artichoke hearts in a single layer in your air frying basket, leaving room between each of them to not overcrowd.
9. Air fry at 380ºF for 5 minutes. Then, flip the artichoke hearts over and spray them with more olive oil cooking spray. Air fry at 380º for 3 minutes more, or until golden brown all over.
10. Place the crispy artichoke hearts on a serving plate and garnish with parsley or basil. Serve with marinara, or your sauce of choice, for dipping.