You're in for an EGGS-cellent breakfast. Thanks to our recipe for Air Fryer Boild Eggs this Deviled Eggs recipe is so easy-to-make or choose to hard-boil the eggs the traditional method in preparation for our Deviled Egg Recipe below:
The Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Place eggs in a saucepan and add enough water to cover them by about an inch.
- Place the saucepan over high heat and bring the water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, turn off the heat and cover the saucepan with a lid.
- Let the eggs sit in the hot water for 9-12 minutes, depending on how you like your yolks (9 minutes for soft boiled, 12 minutes for hard boiled).
- While the eggs are cooking, prepare a bowl of ice water.
- Once the eggs are done cooking, immediately transfer them to the ice water to cool down for a few minutes.
- Once the eggs have cooled down, gently tap them on a hard surface to crack the shells and peel them off.
- Serve the hard-boiled eggs as desired or store them in the refrigerator for later use.
- To prevent the eggs from cracking while cooking, you can prick a small hole in the rounded end of each egg with a pin before placing them in the saucepan.
- Older eggs are easier to peel than fresh ones, so if you have the time, try using eggs that are at least a week old.
Not just for Easter but also enjoy it for breakfast or as a snack!!
The Perfect Deviled Eggs
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
½ teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon of curry powder (optional)
Salt to taste
Paprika or cayenne pepper for sprinkling
Dill sprigs for garnish
- Cook perfectly hard-boiled eggs following this recipe for Air Fryer Boiled Eggs and place in ice water until cool enough to touch to stop cooking.
- Peel all hard-boiled eggs and slice in half-length wise.
- Remove yolk from all eggs and place in a medium bowl. Add mayo, Dijon, yellow mustard, white pepper, and curry powder if desired. Mix well until no lumps remain. Season with salt to taste.
- Place egg yolk mix into a resealable plastic bag or piping bag. Fill each egg white half with yolk mixture.
- Place filled eggs onto a platter and lightly dust with paprika or cayenne pepper.
- Garnish with dill sprigs and enjoy!
Use a star pastry tip to elevate your deviled eggs and make them extra fancy!