Donuts are our love language! Air fried or deep fried, these easy Homemade Donuts will make your valentine’s heart skip a beat. The best part? These bite-sized treats are ready in less than three minutes. Place your dough into heart-shaped molds to stay true to the Valentine’s theme.
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 large egg
1/2 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Oil for frying
1/4 cup sugar, for rolling
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. In a separate small bowl, combine egg, milk and butter. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Heat oil to 375°F.
4. Using a small rounded ice cream scoop, drop dough balls into your heart-shaped mold.
5. Drop your donut hearts into oil – about five or six scoops at a time.
6. Fry until golden brown, about 1-3 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking