Air fried meatballs? Our answer is YES any day of the week. Try this simple, savory recipe for National Meatball Day in your Kalorik MAXX Oven!
6 slices of white bread, diced and crust removed
1/3 cup milk
1 medium onion, minced
10 cloves garlic, minced
2 oz parmesan cheese, finely grated
½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1-½ teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
4 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground fennel seed
1 pound ground beef, 80/20 fat content
1 pound ground pork
1. In a small bowl, combine diced bread and milk. Mix until all bread is moist and a paste has formed. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add onion, garlic, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, pepper, egg, oregano, and fennel. Combine with the bread-milk paste and mix until uniform.
3. Add in beef and pork, mixing until all the meat is evenly incorporated and no unmixed pockets remain.
4. Using an ice cream scoop or a ¼ measuring cup, portion out meatballs, gently rolling them into uniform balls. Mixture should yield about 20-25 meatballs.
5. Place balls on baking tray. Select the AIR FRY function and air fry the meatballs at 375°F for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 165°
6. Serve with your favorite red sauce and pasta!
Chef's tip: If desired, use a stand mixer to speed up mixing, adding the meat 1/3 at a time to avoid overmixing.