Perfect as an afternoon snack or an Italian dinner appetizer; these can be stuffed with sausage, pepperoni, or both for a meat lover’s delight!
1 recipe homemade pizza dough (or store-bought)
1/2 cup pepperoni
1 cup cooked and crumbled sweet Italian sausage
1 cup marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Olive oil cooking spray
Everything Bagel Seasoning, Dried Garlic or Sesame Seeds
1. Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface.
2. Use a large biscuit cutter or a large juice glass to cut out 8 circles.
3. Roll each circle into a 4-inch disc.
4. Fill each disc with 1 teaspoon of sauce and 3 slices of pepperoni or a tablespoon of crumbled sausage.
5. Top with 1 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese.
6. Fold dough over and crimp to seal edges with the tines of a fork, to form calzones.
7. Spray your air frying basket with olive oil cooking spray. Place the calzones in a single layer in the basket. Spray tops of calzones with olive oil cooking spray and sprinkle with your seasoning of choice.
8. Air fry at 380ºF for 8 minutes.
9. Turn calzones over and air fry for 3 minutes more. Repeat to cook the remaining calzones.
Recipe by Chef Jamie Gwen
Leave a comment