1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ pound rib eye steak or 2 filet mignon steaks
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
Salt & freshly ground pepper
4 cups mixed greens
1/4 cup mixed fresh herbs (tarragon leaves, basil leaves, mint leaves)
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
3 tablespoons toasted hazelnuts, pecans or any other nut
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt & pepper and whisk to combine.
2. Place steak in a plastic bag and pour half of the marinade into the bag. Reserve the remaining half to make the salad dressing.
3. Add minced garlic to the bag, seal, and shake to coat well.
4. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
5. Preheat your Kalorik Steakhouse Grill to high heat and place a rack 4-inches from the heating element at the top.
6. Remove steak from marinade and pat dry. Carefully place steak on rack and grill for 3 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
7. Remove steak and allow it to rest for 3 minutes.
8. Slice steak, working against the grain. Set aside
9. To assemble the salad, place greens, fresh herbs, blue cheese, dried cranberries and toasted nuts in a mixing bowl. Add the reserved dressing and toss to coat well.
10. Divide salad into two serving bowls. Top with the sliced steak and serve.
1 hour 15 minutes (including marinating time)