WHITE BEAN, KALE & SAUSAGE SOUP
I love this flavorful, wholesome soup made easy in your Kalorik Pressure Cooker. The Parmesan cheese rind adds tremendous depth and flavor and the sausage contributes a spicy bite for meatiness. This hearty soup is the perfect autumn dinner and leftovers are luscious!
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 large sweet yellow onion, chopped
2 large carrots, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups northern white beans
One 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
8 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1 Parmesan cheese wedge rind (you can cut the rind from a wedge of cheese or find rinds sold in the cheese section of your gourmet supermarket!)
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
4 links sweet Italian sausage, cooked and sliced
1 large bunch Tuscan kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
Salt & freshly ground pepper
1. Add the olive oil to your Kalorik 6-in-1 Multi Use Pressure Cooker. Press the “Sauté” button and when the pot is hot, add the onions. Sauté, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
2. Add the carrots and celery and continue cooking for 10 minutes more. Season the vegetables with salt & pepper. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring often.
3. Press “Stop” on the instrument panel and add the white beans, diced tomatoes with their juices, and broth.
4. Lock the lid in place and use the menu button to highlight the “Soup/Broth” feature. Press the “Time” button to set the screen to 60 minutes cook time. Press “Start”.
5. When the soup is done cooking, leave it to release steam naturally for 30 minutes.
6. Open the lid, remove the Parmesan rind and bay leaf and discard them. Add the kale, cooked and sliced sausage and adjust the seasoning with salt & pepper. Stir the soup to slightly wilt the kale. Serve hot.
Leave a comment