#MAXXMade desserts have a piece of our "tarts." Simple, sweet, delicious to eat... this gluten-free, vegan cherry tart is the perfect balance of sweet and tangy. Indulge in a slice (or the whole tart) tonight.
2 cups almond flour
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons gluten free all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup vegan butter
¼ cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons water
2 pounds frozen cherries and their juice, pitted and defrosted
1. Preheat your Kalorik MAXX Air Fryer Oven to 350 degrees on the BAKE setting. You will know you MAXX is heated when the function light stops flashing.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together all crust ingredients until well combined. Mixture will resemble wet sand. Press mixture into the base and up the sides of the cookie sheet included with your Kalorik MAXX Bake It 'Til You Make It Baking Set.
3. Bake crust in the "BAKE 2" position on your air rack for 12-15 minutes, or until it is firm and lightly golden. Use a spoon to press the crust back into shape anywhere it has moved and set aside to cool.
4. To make the filling, combine sugar, cornstarch and water in a sauce pan and mix well until no lumps remain. Add defrosted cherries, including the cherry juice, mix well and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook for 4-5 minutes until mixture is thick and coats the cherries in a glossy layer.
5. Add warm filling to the crust in an even layer and return to your Kalorik MAXX Air Fryer Oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the filling is set on top. Allow to cool for at least 1 hour; Refrigerate 2-3 hours before serving for best results.
45 minutes and 2-3 hours to cool
Use your favorite fresh or frozen fruit in this recipe by adding 3 tablespoons of fruit juice to the fresh fruit!