VEGETARIAN BLACK BEAN CHILI
This one-pot chili is simply made in the Slow Cooker and it’s a clean, healthy New Year, New You recipe. Using canned beans and flavorful fire-roasted tomatoes makes dinner simply scrumptious!
1 tablespoon good-quality olive oil
1 small sweet yellow onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
Three (14-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
Two (14-ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
One (4-ounce) can diced fire-roasted green chilies
1 cup vegetable broth
1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon honey or agave
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
Salt & fresh-ground pepper
Plain Greek yogurt
Freshly chopped cilantro
Chopped green onions
Freshly grated lime zest
1. Add the olive oil to your Kalorik Multi Use Pressure Cooker. Select the "sauté" function. When the pot is hot, add the diced onions. Sauté, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring often.
2. Press "stop" on the instrument panel and add the black beans, fire-roasted tomatoes, green chilies, vegetable broth, diced sweet potato, chili powder, oregano, cumin, honey and cayenne. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
3. Lock the lid in place and use the menu button to select the "soup/broth" function. Press the "time" button to set the screen to 30 minutes cook time. Press start.
4. When the soup is done cooking, leave it to release the steam naturally for 30 minutes. Open the lid, and stir the chili. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
5. Serve the chili with a dollop of Greek yogurt, cilantro, green onions and lime zest.
Chef’s Tip: There are many choices in chili powder. I love the smokiness of chipotle chili powder and the richness of ancho chili powder; use the most robust (and freshest) chili powder you can find.
Leave a comment